As you guys may or may not have noticed, there has been a serious lack of pictures on Mondays from my Pictures to Take Throughout the Year list. I know I’ve been using it as my token excuse, but really, the lack of pictures perfectly coincided with our house-buying adventures. So I’m going to cut corners here and just do a “best of”: my favorite picture from the months that I’ve missed that also happen to be on the list for that particular month. Here are the ones from August, September, and October:
I have to say that this picture is very dear to me because it has a lot of meaning. This place is a place where my husband and I got together with friends and family for some camping and bonding. He’d been doing it for over 18 years; I’d been doing it for 10. This year is the last year that we were able to do it because the land that we used is going to get zoned and developed. So we bid a bittersweet goodbye to this place that we hold dear in our hearts. Indeed, this is a vacation and travel worthy of memories.
Leaves changing color (September)
Technically, I believe this picture was actually taken in October, not September since we got a late start to fall, but I love it. I think it perfectly shows the leaves in varying states of turning colors.
Pumpkins at night (October)
Usually the hubby and I go all out and complicated for our jack-o’-lantern design, but we just didn’t have the time this year (we carved it at 5PM on Halloween night!). But I still think it’s cute. Sometimes simpler is more. 🙂
…Now that that’s over with, I am going to say right here and now that I am NOT going to skimp on November and December. I plan on capturing every single one of the pictures on the list, mostly because this is my favorite time of year and all those pictures sound like fun ones to take. And a little because I really want to start maintaining my blog on a regular basis again. So stay tuned for those! 🙂
And now, it’s Friend Making Monday time! If you want to participate, too, make sure to link up at Kenlie’s blog alltheweigh.com. 🙂
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Ten Reasons To Be Thankful
1. Having a home that I can honestly say that I love.
2. Friends who are willing to go out of their way to travel and see us, and by the same token, friends who are up for being visited.
3. The near-end of the campaign season!
4. “Stop and smell the roses” moments, which I have been experiencing much more of lately.
5. Opportunities to take walks and clear my mind.
6. My always-up-for-a-cuddle, big-mouthed-smile, unconditionally-loving doggie Dexter.
7. The ability to read and the appreciation of the education and experiences it took to get me to the level of reading I have today. And books in which you can escape into. And bookstores. (I know those are three things, but they’re all related.)
8. A husband who cares enough about where he lives that he’s willing to work hard at home improvement projects like installing sump pumps, putting in an extra roof vent, and putting in motion-sensor lights. And making my dream of having a window seat come true! (And, you know, who loves me, but that’s a given.)
9. Family who, at the end of the day, just want to provide a good life for you (though at times this can be annoying, their hearts are in the right place).
10. Creative outlets. 🙂
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s question! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!