Wow, has it really already been a week since I last posted? Each day of the week I fully intended on posting something. I even have the drafts to prove it. I had grand ideas but no follow-through. Posts got thrown to the wayside in favor of working on myriad Christmas projects (decorating, cards, handmade gifts) that I was too woozy to handle the week before. So I apologize.
I also apologize that there won’t be any pictures this Monday. I have them, but lack the patience to have them load. I will try my hardest to post some of them throughout the week, or at the very least, on Christmas Eve (because I’ll most likely need a break from cooking or wrapping presents). 🙂
Typing, though? I can handle that. And I can definitely handle Friend Makin’ Monday! With the emotionally-trying weekend that has followed tragedy in this nation, being able to reach out and see friendly posts helps to renew my faith in humanity.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Twelve in 2012
1. What was your greatest personal accomplishment in 2012? I would have to say it was keeping a positive attitude during many trials this year.
2. What’s the best thing your did for your health? I would’ve said joining the local gym when we moved, but I hardly went this year, and especially after we moved again. I’d have to say making the conscious effort to get out at least once a day and walk the dog. It’s healthy both physically and mentally.
3. Share one thing that caused a significant change in your life this year. Buying our first house! Don’t think that needs any explanation. 🙂
4. List a few things that you experienced for the first time at some point over the last twelve months.
-Started a blog! 🙂
-Blew up a balloon.
-Drove a hybrid car.
-Became a homeowner.
-Participated in a Flash Mob (so much fun!!!).
(and oh, so much more!!!)
5. What was the coolest place you visited? If we’re talking just about 2012, I’d have to say the Oregon dunes. It was the first time I’ve ever gone to see them, and it was amazing.
6. If you could change one thing about the last year what would it be? My unemployment. That being said, though, I am glad for the opportunity to have had more time to explore my creative outlets.
7. What is the best meal you ate this year? Wow, that really makes me re-evaluate the year! There have been so many. I would say the meal for my Dirty 30 Party this year. The menu was Sloppy Joes (which I haven’t had in probably 14 years at least!), dirty rice, dirty martini dip (lots of olives, garlic, sour cream), “worms” (Jello & whipped cream molded to look like worms) in “dirt” (Oreo cookie crumbles) and muddy buddies (Chex cereal covered in peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar). It was all delicious!
8. Tell us about a new friend you made. I can’t say I made an “official” new friend, but I’ve reconnected with some friends I haven’t seen in awhile and have gotten to know acquaintances better so that they become friends rather than acquaintances.
9. What did you hope to accomplish this year that you did not? As I type this, my resolutions from last year stare me in the face and I realize I didn’t accomplish a single one. I think the biggest thing was my goal of writing at least 10 minutes a day since writing means so much to me.
10. Share something you learned in 2012. This is going to sound really naive of me, but I learned what a water table was (thank you, French drain project!). You’d think I would’ve learned about this in school, but I didn’t. I mean, I know about the water cycle (falling, evaporating, etc.), but I didn’t realize that there was even, underground water underneath something that’s not a body of water. Mind-boggling!
11. Share an odd and unexpected thing that you experienced this year. Hmm…that’s an interesting question. I would say moving back to the town I grew up in. I wasn’t expecting to move back here, and it really is one of the oddest sensations I’ve ever experienced, to reorient myself in this place as an adult instead of a child.
12. How do you think 2013 will differ from 2012? I think I’ll come around more to the fact that I actually own the house I live in. I haven’t had the time to let that sink in. It still doesn’t feel like it’s mine! The biggest change that I hope comes about will be that I’ll be employed, so I’ll be so much busier.