Just going to jump right in today, since I don’t have much to say.
February (week one)
Even though hubby and I WERE invited to a Super Bowl party, I wasn’t in much of a mood to attend it, for personal reasons. Instead, hubby and I went our separate ways to do different errands and came back together for dinner. I have to say, though, I did keep a half-ear on the game during my chores, and WOW, what a game! I do have to say I enjoyed it.
Ahem, but the food: this was our dinner Super Bowl Sunday. I had potatoes I needed to use up, and I wanted to put a fun spin on them, so I put my “typical Super Bowl snacks” hat on and this is what I came up with: barbecqued kielbasa sausage (bringing in the “meat” portion of Super Bowl), and my version of Tex Mex potatoes, which sort of bring in a form of “potato chip”, and the Tex Mex part gives a nod to the salsa/dips that are usually seen at a SB party. It ended up being pretty good, and it brought a bit of fun to an otherwise somber day. Leave me a comment if you want the recipe. 🙂
After weeks of anticipation, I finally got my snow day, and we ran into this cutie while we went out to enjoy the snow. We had so much fun playing! Hopefully it brings a smile to your face!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Share five things you hope to do before you die.
I feel like the “bucket list” question has been asked a lot lately! Must be something in the air. Anyhow, I guess I’ll post things I haven’t posted in awhile:
1) Visit the Seven Natural Wonders of the World
2) Get the tattoo I’ve wanted since I was 18
3) Take professional singing lessons
4) Learn to play the guitar well enough to do an open mic
5) Be responsible for at least one person getting published and becoming a bestseller
2. List five things you love about yourself.
1) My optimism
2) My hair
3) My professionalism in a work environment
4) My ability to not compromise my morals
5) My smile
3. Share the five coolest things that you’ve done in 2013.
Wow, it’s been quite the year already! Where to start?!?
1) Recreated Honolulu at home
2) Learned to make pico de gallo
3) Random mini-road trip to enjoy some snow!
4) Successfully wrote at least 10 minutes a day in my journal since the start of 2013.
5) Watched my first Inauguration Ceremony (not in person, but still fun).
4. List five things that you always have in your kitchen.
1) Some sort of hot caffeinated beverage
2) Flower vase turned into a kitchen utensil holder
3) Set of measuring spoons that we got as gifts for our wedding shower
5. Share five places you would like to go on vacation.
1) Vermont during autumn
2) Train ride on the Rocky Mountaineer through the Canadian Rockies
3) Any gorgeous ski lodge in Colorado (during the winter, of course)
4) Cascais, Portugal (pronounced kiss-kiss. Love it!)–mostly influenced by a gorgeous essay I read in college (which, of course, I can’t find now…)
5) The non-touristy parts of Italy
6. List five celebrities/public figures you’d like to meet.
1) Neil Patrick Harris
2) Taylor Swift
3) Jillian Harris (though I guess she’s not really a HUGE celebrity…)
4) Michelle Obama
5) Benjamin Franklin (if he were still alive)
if we’re talking still-living, then the fifth one would be Ellen Degeneres
**I already feel pretty lucky to have met Lynda Barry & Jen Lancaster, two of my favorite authors, so that’s pretty awesome.
7. List five bands or artists you’d like to see perform live.
1) Taylor Swift (I know, I know…I have a weird, slightly-obsessive fangirl thing with her)
2) Brad Paisley (again. He puts on an incredible show!)
3) Miranda Lambert (hmm…I didn’t realize I was on such a country kick lately!)
4) *NSYNC reunion! Hahahahaha! There it is. I came out of the boy band closet.
5) Bo Burnham!! Who, I guess, isn’t technically an “artist” in the popular sense of the word. He’s a musical comedian, and he is a freakin’ GENIUS. Check out his standup show; I think it’s on Netflix. It’s amazing. Can’t believe the kid is only 22.
8. List five TV shows that you don’t want to miss.
1) How I Met Your Mother
2) The Talk
3) The Bachelor/ette (another guilty pleasure)
4) Project Runway, but sadly, I don’t have the means to watch it. Missed the 2nd season of All Stars, and it makes me more upset than it should.
*honorable mentions: Glee (even though the plot line is pretty much gone, it’s good to have on in the background), The Voice…can you tell I don’t really watch TV for any educational reason?
9. Share five things you wanted to do as a child.
1) Be a spy just like Harriet the Spy
2) Be a model (I was four and foolish, but lemme tell ya, I had my fierce pose DOWN!)
3) Be a writer (now it’s more like I want to help someone else become a published writer…)
4) Find a real-life unicorn (this is still true today)
5) Collect all of the books in the Sweet Valley Twins series (also true today)
10. Share five things you hope to do in 2013.
1) Secure a stable job
2) Finish unpacking my craft room
3) Have my application accepted either as a volunteer counselor that uses poetry as therapy, or as a writer-in-residence at a women’s writing retreat center. Or both would be awesome.
4) Ride a tandem bike
5) Catch Comet ISON in the sky at the end of the year. Preferably in a low-light-pollution area.