This applies to all parts of my post today. I think everyone needs randomness to shake things up every once in awhile, right? First off, the last of my February pictures to take.
February (week four)
Random thing #1. Okay, so this obviously isn’t a human kid, but it’s my “kid”, and it’s the best I could do in my situation. Those are the hubby’s pajama pants wrapped around him. Originally I was going to Photoshop some PJs onto a picture of goats (kids) I took at the fair, but that would’ve taken way too much effort for the quick post I wanted to do today.
Random thing #2. I didn’t have a party, so these technically aren’t decorations. I also neither live in New Orleans nor have I ever attended a Mardi Gras. But somehow I managed to rack up beads (without flashing anyone, for that matter!). I just happen to have attended many parties that gave out beads. And I also felt like keeping them. Who knew I’d have a reason to show them off? The coins came from my dear friend who DOES actually live in New Orleans, and I’ve cherished them ever since I received them.
Random thing #3. The “high school sporting events” item on my pictures to take list. I don’t currently have the need to attend a high school sporting event, so I’m skipping over this item and calling February 100% complete! Woohoo! 🙂
I’m excited for March. I really think I’ll be able to get all those items checked off, too!
Random thing #4. This week’s Friend Making Mondays questions!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Questions and Answers
1. Did you watch the Oscars? If so, who did you enjoy seeing most? I didn’t watch it when it actually aired, but I heard about Jennifer Lawrence’s fall and the fashion. Ironically, though, I am currently watching the Oscars in the background as I type this out. I’m only like 15 minutes into it, so can’t say much, but so far I’ve enjoyed seeing Joseph Gordon Levitt (sp?) the most. I didn’t realize he could sing!
2. Do you drink meal replacement shakes, smoothies, etc? I don’t, but back in the day, I used to drink Ensure for breakfast. They were pretty yummy. Nowadays, if I do want to have a smoothie, I’ll make one myself.
3. Share one thing you have done to help someone in the last week? Wow, this is a great question! Hm, well, I haven’t gotten out much this last week, so the only thing I could really think of is when I was at the library and someone had a huge stack of book in their arms and it fell over, I helped to pick them up. Guess I need to up my game, huh? 🙂
4. What is the tastiest thing you ate last week? In a stroke of “Chopped”-like creativity (taking what I have in front of me and figuring out what to make of it), I took the leftover French onion soup, drained the broth from it to make the gravy for Swedish meatballs (also used the cream leftover from the fondue), and mixed the flavorful caramelized onions with some broccoli and mushrooms. So good!
5. Think of one fun thing that you could do this week without spending any money to do it. I think I’ll go to the library and check out a salsa dancing video and have at it! Putting it on my list now. 🙂
6. Share one place that you’ve been to and would like to visit again. Going-to-the-Sun Road, which is the road that crosses through Glacier National Park in Montana. No matter where you are on this road, you will have a breathtaking view. It’s just 53 miles of being stunned. I’d love to be able to experience that again. Here are a few pictures from my trip there:
This isn’t a trick of the camera, folks. In fact, the water was MORE turquoise than this! Gorgeous.
7. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, for sure. Confession? I don’t even have a Twitter account. I’m such a poser and do hashtags every now and then on Facebook just to blend in with the cool kids. I should probably get on that. I don’t have a smartphone, but I’ve heard you can just do it online instead of on your phone.
8. What is your favorite vegetable? It’s a toss-up between artichokes and asparagus. Oooh, and if mushrooms count as a vegetable, then that.
9. Share a goal that you have for the month of March. I want to get my life caught up. I feel like I’ve been behind these last two weeks, and I’m just now catching up on my ten minutes a day of writing, my blog posts (obviously), unpacking, cleaning, and exercising, to name just a few things. March is one of my favorite months (my wedding anniversary month!), so I want to enjoy it.
10. Share a quote that inspires you. “To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. “–Ralph Waldo Emerson