**Reminder to self (and short complaint about WordPress): edit this post when you can in order to recover the paragraph and pictures that failed to show up durig the publishing process, most notably the pictures of purple crocuses. Sigh. And grrr.
In February, I remember saying that I was so looking forward to March’s pictures to take. The amazing memories I had during this weekend (and the subsequent photos) just reinforced that sentiment. I had a lot of time to enjoy nature, and the impending spring made itself well-known. Here are the highlights:
I feel that before I show you the pictures of us playing in the puddles, I should first show you the magnitude of the rainstorm and depth of the puddles. It was seriously like an out-of-nowhere, full-on gully wash. So amazing to watch. And even more amazing to play in! 😀
Seriously. One of most fun memories of my life. I loved it. Neighbors pulled in as we were delighting in puddle-jumping, and they must’ve thought we were crazy, splashing and giggling like little kids, but I don’t care. This is one of the things I’ll remember and cherish forever.
And now, a snack break! 😉
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What did you eat for dinner last night? French dip sandwich and a salad at a dive. So good and way better than I was expecting! Actually one of the best French dip sandwiches I’ve had.
2. If you could make one food calorie-free for the next year, What would you choose? Full-fat cream. It tastes SO GOOD in coffee, but it would make so many of my other favorite foods more accessible: ice cream, real whipped cream, quiche, mashed potatoes, gravy for Swedish meatballs, etc.
3. How often do you go to the grocery store? Twice a month; once every other week to coincide with pay days.
4. Do you make a list before buying groceries? Absolutely. It keeps me on budget and I can make sure I didn’t forget anything crucial.
5. List three things that can always be found in your kitchen. Ingredients for bread machine bread, my doggie begging for food, and mushrooms.
6. How often do you clean out your fridge? We’re really good at eating leftovers and not letting anything go to waste, so I really only need to clean out the fridge about once a month.
7. Do you ever use a slow cooker? If so, will you share a recipe? I don’t, mostly because I don’t have one. But I’ve never really had the desire to use one. I’ve been told, though, that once I do use one, it’s hard to imagine a life without one.
8. How often do you try new recipes? Fairly frequently. I get bored eating the same meals, so I feel the need to shake things up and invent new things a lot. It’s fun! I would say about twice a month or so I try out something new.
9. What is the most delicious meal(s) you make? Oh man. There are so many! I’d have to say my most popular is my cornbread, because everyone always asks me to bring that to potlucks and gatherings (for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I always get a friendly reminder phone call from one of my family members saying, “You’re bringing your cornbread, right? Don’t forget!”). I also make really good fajitas and Spanish rice, all from scratch—that includes homemade tortillas. My hubby’s favorite meals by me are shepherd’s pie, Swedish meatballs, and stroganoff.
10. Share at least one thing that is currently in your kitchen even though you don’t like it. All the treats my family has given my dog, treats meaning chunks of steak fat, bits of meat, turkey legs, etc. It takes up so much room in my freezer and I don’t want to give it all to him at once because he’ll get sick. I like to spoil him as much as the next person, but more with love and attention and playtime than food.
To Your Own Nice, Memorable Introduction to Spring!!!