So several months ago, I stumbled upon alltheweigh.com and thought it would be fun to participate in Kenlie’s Friend Makin’ Monday posts. It was so fun I did it again and again, so much so that it started to become a weekly occurrence. But I almost always tried to squeeze it in with my Making Memories Mondays posts, resulting in super-long posts on Mondays. Last week, I separated the two, and I actually enjoyed that so much that I think I’m going to do that from now on. So, dear readers, it looks as if Mondays are going to be two-fer days. Guess I’m going to be on par with the 9-to-5ers out there who stumble upon Monday as getting back to work. Mondays will also be my busy day, so much so that I’m giving Friend Making Mondays its own checkmark! Let’s get on with this week, then, shall we (and if you feel so inclined, please check back later for my Making Memories Monday post)?
TV, Movies and Me
1. If you could be a recurring star on a show that is currently on TV, which show would you choose? I would love to be a part of the How I Met Your Mother cast. It seems as if it’s such a fun group of people to work with. I wouldn’t really want a big part, because I don’t want to mess with the group dynamic, but I’d probably want to be like a bartender at McLaren’s or an artsy buddy of Lily’s or something.
2. Name the movie that you are most embarrassed to admit that you love. Either the Mighty Ducks or 3 Ninjas. Then again, I haven’t watched either of those in a long time, so I’m not sure if I’d love them so much anymore.
3. Name one show that you’ve never seen and would love to watch. Everybody I know is obsessed with Downton Abbey, so I may have to check it out sometime. I tried getting into Lost, but couldn’t even finish the first episode. Maybe Mike & Molly, too.
4. Do you ever go to movies alone? When I have the money to, I actually really love going to movies alone. In fact, even though I’m married, I actually like taking myself on a date. Like, the whole nine yards: dinner, movie, hanging out a bookstore, coffee. I’m quite comfortable doing it, even though the people who give me pitying looks don’t understand (and don’t even know that I’m taken).
5. If you could only watch one TV show for the next year, which show would you choose and why? Most definitely Gilmore Girls. Pretty much because I think I’ve already done that two (maybe three…maybe four) years already. Making the most of the money I spent on it, for sure, and I’m not getting sick of it yet! (Except, I guess, that the last two seasons leave something to be desired. But I’ll still watch it.) Dawson’s Creek is my very favorite TV series of all time, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to watch it because it might get me in a deep funk otherwise.
6. If you could star in one reality show, which one would it be and why? Probably Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, but only as a hostess, because my decorating skills are definitely not up to par with the decorators on the show. But I would love to do this for several reasons: doing something good for the community, getting wonderful decorating tips & ideas, and getting to hang out with the amazing Jillian Harris! 😀
7. If someone rented a billboard for you, what would it say? Oh, that’s easy: “Unicorns DO exist! And here’s the proof!” 😀 And it would have glitter and rainbows and stars and list the many places where you can see unicorns in their natural habitat.
8. Who is the most famous person with whom you have been in the same room? I guess the only person I can think of is Brad Paisley, but that was during a concert. I can’t really think of any brushes with famous people, but I probably will as soon as I finish this post.
9. If you were chosen to be a contestant on a TV game show, which show would you want to be on? Hm. Maybe Let’s Make a Deal with Wayne Brady? I think it’d be fun to dress up in a costume.
10. If there was a movie being made about you, which actor would you choose to play you? Wow, I don’t know. Probably America Ferrera? I know she’s Latina and not Asian, but she’s such a great actress that I think she’d be able to pull it off. 🙂
Well, that’s it for this Monday! If you want to participate in the fun, go ahead and leave your comments at alltheweigh.com. Have a great week, everyone!