Last week I never did end up posting a supplemental post, mostly because I realized I didn’t have any pictures to show. That will not be the case today. Teaser: I’ll actually be doing an expose on my car, and I’ll be asking for help from you guys for the future. 🙂
Before I continue, I’d just like to ask everyone to keep those affected by acts of violence–both those that do and do not make the news–in their prayers and thoughts. I still desperately cling to the notion that there is much more good than bad in the world, but I feel more and more I need reminders. So if you could do that for me, I’d be ever so thankful. 🙂
And now, questions! This week, in response to popular demand, there are twice as many questions than usual, but I’m definitely up for the challenge (and the distraction)! If you want to participate, just link up in the comments at alltheweigh.com.
1. Share something that you enjoy doing when you’re alone. Write in my journal
2. What do you plan to eat next? Another bite of the veggie mix I have in front of me. 🙂 There’s purple cauliflower in it, guys! Pretty stoked about it.
3. When did you first travel on a plane? Where did you go? I was an army brat (Dad’s retired now), so I did a heck of a lot of traveling. My first plane trip was when we moved from Germany to Fort Stewart, Georgia. I was four years old. We did a lot of moving between the U.S. and Germany in my life.
4. Do you currently have a crush on someone? If so, share a few of the reasons why. Yes. There are way too many awesome people out there to not have a crush or two. 🙂 (Note this question didn’t ask WHO I had a crush on, so I’m opting to not divulge that information.)
5. List one thing that disgusts you that probably wouldn’t bother someone else. The texture of scrambled eggs.
6. If you could buy a new car tomorrow (and money was no object) what would you buy? Previously, my dream cars have been a hunter green Ford Taurus and silver Mazda Miata convertible. Now, though, I think I’d dig a blue-violet Saturn Ion or Toyota Rav4.
7. Who was the first person who broke your heart? This guy who was my best friend in 4th grade. I had a crush on him, and many sources it was mutual. When I moved away, he promised to keep in touch and always remember me. I wrote him letter and he never wrote back. So I gave him a call and he was all, “Who is this?” And I’m like, “Violet.” And he goes, “Violet? Violet who?” Keep in mind it was only a month after I moved. I was crushed.
8. If you could spend the night with a celebrity tonight, who would it be? Jillian Harris
9. Are you a morning person or a night person? Morning person, but only when I’ve consistently gotten enough sleep.
10. What’s your favorite board game? Gosh, I love too many to choose. Probably Cranium, but it has to be with the right crowd of people or it’s no fun.
11. Can you play an instrument? If so, what do you play? Piano and my voice. 🙂 And I can figure out a clarinet if forced (I played it for about 3 years). I also know how to play pretty much any elementary school band instrument really really poorly because I started off as a music education major in college.
12. What is the last thing you ate? A bite of abovementioned veggie mix. 🙂
13. Do you wear a watch? No; I have a bad habit of losing or breaking them. Though I did get one for my birthday last year and it’s beautiful. I just haven’t gotten around to getting it sized. The thing is huge on me.
14. Do you go to church? Not often, but when I do, it’s significant.
15. Do you ever wish on stars? Not as much I used to. There’s a story behind that, better left for a future time.
16. Have you ever been on a motorcycle? Yes.
17. What is the last thing you purchased? Three daffodils. ‘Tis the season! 😀
18. How big is your bed? I’m pretty sure it’s a queen.
19. What size shoe do you wear? Anywhere between a 7 1/2 & 8 1/2 U.S.
20. What are you looking forward to most in the coming week? Watching a Dock Dogs competition. (more about that later)