Talk about being out of practice! I feel like I have to get into the swing of things again. How have you all been? I have to say I’ve missed blogging. I won’t really get into why I’ve been absent for so long, but I will say this: my house is shaping up to be immaculately clean! 🙂
And again, I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things. But again (again), I can’t make any promises.
This Friend Makin’ Monday survey is actually from last week, but I think that’s fate calling. The website didn’t happen to post one for this week. It’s just as well, though, because I haven’t done a survey in almost a month. So I haven’t even done this one yet. Let’s fix that now, shall we?
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What is your favorite summer fruit? Mmm…fruit tastes so much better in the summer, doesn’t it? I’d have to say pineapple.
2. Do you know how to swim? Just barely. In high school it was a requirement to be able to swim the mile to graduate. Let’s just say my swim teacher was impressed enough that I managed to move around in the water for an hour without drowning that he called it good and waived the requirement for me. I can float like no one’s business, though! 🙂
3. Do you prefer sun or snow? I may be in the minority here, but I prefer snow all the way!!!!! Sunshine makes me cranky. I’m a monster to be around in the summer.
4. What temperature do you like most inside your home? We keep our thermostat at 68 to save on heat, but I think I’d be comfortable around 70.
5. Is it humid where you live? Not yet.
6. What is your favorite food to put on the grill? Corn on the cob is FABULOUS on the grill, but I also enjoy grilled mushrooms and asparagus. Ooooh, and grilled bananas with caramel sauce made with coconut milk! SO freakin’ good! You’d think with all that, I was a vegetarian, but nope. Those things just happen to taste especially good on the grill.
7. Do you prefer to wear a one-piece or two-piece swim suit? One-piece, mostly because I’d be afraid of swimming right out of a two-piece. Saw a super-cute cherry tankini at Torrid that I’ve been eyeing, though, so it may be time to convert. I can’t ever seeing doing the string bikini thing, though, no matter how skinny I got.
8. What is your favorite summer drink? Coconut water or an Arnold Palmer.
9. Do you prefer the pool or the ocean? Pool for swimming, ocean for wading/splashing in waves/shell hunting/castle-building.
10. What are you looking forward to most over the summer? My first 4th of July at the new house. I’m excited to finally have a decent BBQ get-together again, with fireworks! Had to cancel our awesome annual parties these last couple of years because it was against city rules to have them, and it really bummed both of us out. This year, though, it’s ON!