What are you guys celebrating today? I’m celebrating the fact that I had a weekend to recuperate from the week, even though the weekend was pretty busy. Saturday I was completely out. It hurt to swallow, I saw my throat was swollen, and I slept in until around 3. I’m feeling better now, and I’m celebrating a whole new week to do some blogging!
Let’s start off with this week’s Friend Makin’ Monday:
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
How Do You Celebrate?
1. When is your birthday? May 9th. I’m a little over a month into my new age! 🙂
2. Do you like to celebrate it or do you prefer to keep it quiet? I do want people to acknowledge my birthday; I get bummed if people don’t even wish me a happy birthday. But I don’t really require a big to do. Just an intimate party with close friends would be great. I would much prefer someone have a party planned for me than for me to do all the planning, even though I do like throwing a party.
3. Have you ever had a surprise party? I kinda did. My husband was sweet and tried to throw me one, but I accidentally found out about it. I told him I knew on the way to the party venue, and he told me to at least pretend to be surprised, which I happily obliged, especially since he worked really hard to get everyone together.
4. What sign are you? Does it represent you well? I’m a Taurus, and I’ve both been told by friends and self-diagnosed that I’m a Taurus to a T (no pun intended). I’m can be extremely stubborn, I like to sing, and I love hard. I don’t lose my temper often, but when I do, WATCH OUT. There are so many things about being a Taurus that I am. I also fit my Chinese zodiac sign well: I’m a dog, and they’re known to be extremely loyal, which I am.
5. Do you tell the truth about your age? I do. I’m 31, which is really strange for me to say, because I just got used to saying I’m 30. I don’t feel like I’m in my 30s at all. Problem is, I look much younger than my age, and everyone thinks I’m still in my teens. It’s uncomfortable sometimes, because people assume my hubby’s robbing the cradle when in real life he’s only 2 1/2 years older.
6. Share your best birthday memory. My 21st birthday, my now-hubby sent me on a scavenger hunt to some of our favorite places around our college town. There were 21 clues scattered around the town, and each clue had a flower attached. It was so sweet. I dried them in a little book with the clues and still have them. 🙂 I also loved the next birthday (my 22nd). My best friend from New York was in town, and so my three best friends got together in my hometown and had a great, low-key time catching up. Perfect example of a nice, quiet celebration.
7. Share a few item that could be on your birthday wishlist. A fireplace mantle (the wood for it; I’d build it), a crocheted lace vest, supplies to make an awesome mixed-media collage, an 8 1/2 x 11 journal for writing in, a “what I read” journal, Sweet Valley Twins books that are missing from my collection…the list goes on and on and on (I started a board on Pinterest just for this purpose).
8. What is your favorite kind of cake? Pineapple upside-down cake and tiramisu. Or cheesecake, but that’s a given, right?
9. If you could be anywhere on your next birthday, where would you be? I’ve always wanted to rent out a roller skating rink for a birthday party, but I haven’t really had the money to be able to do that. OR in the new awesome bookstore that my town will hopefully have by my next birthday. (Can I add that to my wishlist?)
10. Do you make a wish when you blow out the candles? Always. I also make a habit of having an extra candle “to grown on”. Anyone else do that?