Holy cow I’ve been busy! Any of you out there joining in on July’s Camp NaNoWriMo? Well, I was fully planning on it, but 8 days of July just whizzed by me in a blink of an eye. I guess I’ll still try. We’ll see where it goes. I was so excited about the concept of my book that I wanted to see it written out. Anyhow, it’s rare that I blog to slow down and relax, but today is one of those days. This morning was pretty crazy, too, what with waking up to stepping in dog vomit and cleaning it up (I know, I know…TMI). So I just wanted something normal and didn’t require too much work. Lucky for me, it’s Friend Makin’ Monday and the only work required is answering questions! Even luckier, they’re easy questions to answer. Gotta love it when life hands you exactly what you were needing. 🙂 Here we go! If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Are you a planner, or do you prefer to see where the moment takes you? I am most definitely a planner, sometimes almost to a fault. I’ve been accused of being too much of a micromanager, and for good reason. The ironic thing is, I plan in order to have wiggle room. Does that make sense? I plan spontaneity.
2. How often do you blog? Whenever the mood strikes. Not as often as I’d like to (ideally every day), but it’s not for lack of trying. I need to pick it back up again.
3. Do you color your hair? I’ve only colored my hair twice in my life, and they were just purple deposits so it looked like I had grape jelly in my hair in the sun. It was great. But never bleached or anything else. And I don’t plan to dye my hair when I turn gray.
4. If you had to choose between running or riding a bike, which one would you choose? Can I just say neither? LoL. I kinda hate both. Running makes me run out of breath way too easily and I didn’t ride bikes often as a kid so I always end up walking up hills. And if it’s too steep of a hill downhill, I also walk it because I freak out being out of control. If I was indoors and it was like a treadmill vs. stationary bike, though, I’d choose the bike.
5. Have you ever traveled outside of your home country? Yes.
6. Do you like weddings? I do love going to them. There’s something beautiful about celebrating the love between two people. I’ve been in the wedding industry for awhile, though, and I don’t like dealing with the stressful end of the planning.
7. What is your favorite guilty pleasure on TV? Oh goodness. Pretty much any reality TV show. I watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette just to make fun of the situation, so I think that’s the guiltiest of them all.
8. Are you good at math? I am good at math, but I don’t like doing it.
9. What is the last movie you watched? Haha…I watched Katy Perry’s movie on Netflix. I’ve not-so-secretly been wanting to watch it. Don’t judge. 🙂
10. Share five adjectives that your friends would use to describe you. Creative, young-at-heart, loyal, introverted, thoughtful.
Bonus: Did you celebrate Independence Day? If so, what did you do? I did! It has been three years since we’ve been able to throw a 4th of July party because we were within the city limits where fireworks weren’t allowed. Before that, we lived in the unincorporated county and threw a 4th party every year, which all of our friends looked forward to. Our house is once again in unincorporated county, so we were super-excited to have everyone over! We had a BBQ/potluck in our huge backyard and played lawn games and chatted then had a nice show for ourselves when it got dark. Hands down one of the best parties we’ve ever had!
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I’m hoping to actually post more this week, so stay tuned! 🙂
To Easy Things to Soothe a Busy Life,