If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at Losing Weight and Having Fun so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Hobbies and Games
1. Do you have a favorite board game? Oh goodness. Must I choose one? I have so many that I love! Right now I’m digging Dominion (does that count more as a board game or card game? I’m calling it a board game). I also love Clue, Settlers of the Stone Age (as opposed to Settlers of Catan), and The Farming Game (that one’s a little less-well-known). When I was a kid, I loved the game of Life and Girl Talk. Anyone else remember Girl Talk? 2. Do you have a favorite card game? I’m going to add to the love for Cards Against Humanity, but right now my favorite card game is Anomia. I LOVE that game. If you guys haven’t heard of it, check it out. A good friend of mine and I get pretty competitive when we play; it’s pretty hilarious. 3. Do you play games on your phone? I have a “dumb phone”, which means there are no apps or Internet connection like a smart phone has. Therefore, no games. I dabbled a bit with Robot Unicorn and Angry Birds on the hubby’s phone, though.
“Always, I wanna be with you, and make believe with you, and live in harmony, harmony, harmony, ohhhh loooovvveee…”
4. Do you prefer the x-box, playstation or wii? For sure the Wii. I feel like it has the least violent and most whimsical games out of the three gaming systems. It’s also the easiest controller to figure out for me. 🙂 I actually use the Wii Fit scale often to weigh myself in. Oh, and I actually exercise on it. 😉 I’m always going to be loyal to Nintendo, for sure. 5. Do you have a favorite outdoor hobby? I like snowshoeing (anything in the snow, actually), walking my doggie, and roller skating. NOT rollerblading, mind you–old school, two-wheels-in-front-two-wheels-in-back, brake in front, roller SKATING. 6. Have you ever been geocaching? No I haven’t, but I’ve always wanted to! I did some research, though, and apparently there are a few near my town. I’m totally gonna do it!
7. What’s your favorite hobby? Writing and reading will always be my favorite hobby. They’re like breathing air to me.
8. Is there a hobby you would love to try but are too scared too? Outdoor rock climbing. I’ve done a few climbing walls and I’ve loved it, but I’m not sure how well I’d handle it once I got outside. I might just try it out one day anyway. Figure skating, too.
9. Do you enjoy doing puzzles? I do, but I’m horrible at them. It’s a good way to pass the time and a good teamwork thing to do. When I had roomies, we’d just leave a puzzle out on the coffee table and we’d work on it throughout the week. That was fun. I started a Christmas one with the hubby maybe 8 years or so ago that STILL isn’t done. It’s left in our little inflatable “puzzle saver”. Have you ever seen those? They’re interesting-looking things…
10. Have you taken any classes in anything? I’m sure I have, but I honestly can’t remember any at the moment. One day I would LOVE to take a cake decorating class! Or sewing. I did take sewing in home ec, but the boxers I made turned out horrible even though I tried SO HARD–one leg was shorter than another, the elastic was twisted, loose threads everywhere. Disastrous.