…meaning two things:
- The goal of posting every day this week (as you can see, that didn’t pan out AT ALL last week. Bad Violet.)
- A “Would You Rather?”-themed Friend Makin’ Monday
If you’ve taken part in Friend Makin Mondays before then you are familiar with the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at Losing Weight and Having Fun so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to read and comment on a couple of other posts.
This week’s random questions come from Tyra at Random Acts of Snark. Thanks Tyra.
1. Would you rather go without television or fast food for the rest of your life? Fast food, hands down. The cool thing about fast food is that there is a more luxurious counterpart. Except for maybe French fries. Croquettes, maybe? And what, exactly, is “fast food”? I don’t consider Red Robin fast food since it’s a sit down restaurant and there’s no drive through. I would say anything with a drive through is fast food. I can live without those. On the other hand, if you mean no RESTAURANTS in general for the rest of my life, I’d have to rethink that.
2. Would you rather have permanent diarrhea or permanent constipation? Haha! What a funny question. I’d say constipation, because diarrhea gets so much more in the way of your day-to-day life. You’d have to run to the bathroom because diarrhea can strike so suddenly. And your tummy would be in so much pain all the time. I don’t know how I’d be able to stand that.
3. Would you rather be handsome/beautiful and dumb or be ugly and really smart? The thing about dumb, beautiful people is that most of them end up being either celebrities or sexually taken advantage of. I want neither. I don’t want the paparazzi everywhere I turn, and I don’t think I even need to explain why I don’t want to be sexually taken advantage of. I want to be valued for more than my looks, so if I had to choose, let me have knowledge. If all else fails, I suppose I could be so smart that I could invent a way for me to be pretty. 🙂
4. Would you rather be always be cold or always be hot? I prefer the winter to summer and when I get too hot I get cranky anyway, so always cold, without argument. I love cold weather clothes much more than hot weather clothes anyway. So that’s a bonus.
5. Would you rather be deaf or blind? I would much rather be Deaf, for sure. I’m not gonna lie–I’m really biased when it comes to that, mostly because I took a few years of American Sign Language in high school and so I really respect the Deaf community. (Side note: “deaf” is turning into one of those words where it looks like it’s spelled wrong when you write it over and over again.) They can still very much be a functional part of society, even with their disability. That’s not to say that the blind are incapable of contributing anything; it’s just I don’t know as much about them. I also think Deaf people are better able to be independent–they can still get driver’s licenses (I don’t know if you knew that or not, but they can, because when it comes to driving, the only “hearing” obstacle that might be a problem is emergency vehicles, but they’re able to see the lights in their rearview mirrors), which I value very much. I know people can get by without one, but I’ve grown attached to being able to take off wherever I want, whenever I want, and answering to nobody’s schedule but my own. I also think American Sign Language is a beautiful language, and I wouldn’t mind being more immersed in it.
6. Would you rather eliminate hunger and disease or be able to bring lasting world peace? Wow, that’s a hard question. This might be a “cheat” answer, but I believe that one of the myriad reasons we don’t have world peace right now have a great deal to do with hunger and disease. I think these are more political/social/social wars than international wars, for sure, but they are “wars” nonetheless. So with that being said, I would say I’d want to bring about lasting world peace, LASTING being the operative word. Living in a world with no war would be such a wonderful one to live in, and maybe when people don’t have enemies or war or riots or general hostile disagreement to worry about, maybe then they’ll start focusing on how to help their fellow human being and eliminate hunger and disease as a result. Nice thought, right?
7. Would you rather be stranded on a deserted island alone or with someone you don’t like? Alone. I’m an introvert at heart and I’d finally have the time to write and read as much as I’d like. I’d probably make friends with the animals and they’d keep me company. I mean, can you even imagine being stranded on a deserted island with Hitler? Ick. No thank you.
8. Would you rather see the future or change the past? This is going to be a confusing-sounding answer, but what the heck. I would rather see the future, because I’d know what was coming, but I could make changes in my present to possibly change that future, which in a way is changing the past. It would also be an easier way of just going with the flow, because you already know what’s in store. And if it was possible to go way into my own future, I’d be able to answer the question of what happens after you die.
9. Would you rather be three inches taller or three inches shorter? I’m already pretty short (5’4″), and three inches shorter would be 5’1″. That’s a little too short for me. Three inches taller wouldn’t be so bad, especially since my hubby’s 5’11” so I still wouldn’t have to worry about being taller than him. Extra bonus if I could be three inches taller and the same weight, because then I’d have the illusion of having lost weight! 🙂
10. Would you rather wrestle a lion or fight a shark? Seeing as I can’t swim very well, I’d rather wrestle a lion. At least with a lion I could at least try to outrun it. And they’re furry and cuddlier than a shark. 😉 Hope you all have a fabulous week! Stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed for me making my goal of posting every day this week! I hope I can do it this time.
To Second Chances,