Ladies and gents, I know I was super-excited to show you the picture haul that was going to be my November pictures to take. And I really was. I wanted to show you the result of our very first time hosting Thanksgiving, and the subsequent hosting of a Black Friday dinner. There was going to be a lovely, plump turkey, and our family gathered ’round the table. I even found a flock of geese flying south when I thought I wasn’t going to (a story for another time).
Alas, I can’t find my camera, and I’ve come down with a sickness where one of the symptoms is a laziness so encompassing that I don’t feel like looking for the camera. 😉 So those pictures will probably come in December. Trust me, they’ll be worth the wait.
In other news, I’ve completely failed NaNoWriMo. Like, utterly, gloriously failed. This is the first year I’ve participated where I didn’t even try to see it through to the end (after all, there are two more days in November); that’s how little motivation I had to continue. It does disappoint me a little bit, but in reality, my heart wasn’t really into the plot from the beginning. I tried to make it work for a good two weeks and just wasn’t feeling it. By that time, I didn’t feel like starting over with only two weeks left. Next year, though, I hope to start anew. And I’m fully intending to write something before then. I desperately need to write. It’s been much too long for someone who has a writer’s soul like me.
That brings me to the mis-labeling of my title. You astute readers may realize that it’s not actually Monday; it’s Wednesday (or even Thursday in some parts of the world). But as the above paragraph mentions, I have nothing to bring to the table for Written Word Wednesday. I don’t even have the pictures. I do, however, have the trusty Friend Making Monday questionnaire. So thank goodness for that! 🙂 Two days late, but hey, better late than never, right? 🙂
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Dear Santa: List at least ten things that you may or may not need that you’d love to find under your tree this year!
Hahaha! It’s funny; my family has started a “tradition” of sending out Christmas List requests the week before Thanksgiving. My list is always ridiculously long, because I never expect all of it and I like being surprised (more choices mean less of an idea of what I’ll actually get). But there’s no way I’m going to put that list here. I think I’ll modify this a bit and write a “Things I’d Love to Find Under My Tree but Would Really Only Happen in My Wildest Dreams” list. In other words, this list is not one I’d ever send to my family, for fear of them thinking I’m a needy, greedy little child. Here we go!* 😀
1) An acceptance letter from the boss of my dream job, asking me to start as soon as possible.
2) A potion that my doggie can drink to make him live as long as me and/or my husband, with no horrific side effects (i.e., he’ll stay a healthy dog the whole time).
3) Enough money to get everyone on my gift list something ridiculous that they would never expect, like a new car or a Birkin bag or paying off their college debt or a trip around the world.
4) A machine that would enable me to be in more than one place at once, effectively giving myself more time to do things in a day.
5) Every last thing on my house decorating wishlist.
6) A visit from Jillian Harris to help my decorate my house with said things on my wishlist.
7) A clothes shopping spree with the wardrobe stylists of Lauren Graham as Lorelai Gilmore, Jillian Harris, and Taylor Swift, complete with finding all the clothes I want in my size!
8) A $1000 gift certificate to a new independent bookstore that my city decided to open up! (An almost-as-good alternative: an alert on my computer saying Borders has gone back into business and a new one will be opening up in my city the day after Christmas.)
9) Two tickets on the Rocky Mountaineer. I first heard about this on Jillian Harris’s season of The Bachelorette (wow, I just realized how I sound so obsessed with her because I just mentioned her like three times on this list. Purely coincidental) and I’ve been itching to go ever since.
10) A magic vehicle that would take me to the top 100 Christmas decoration/light displays in the world in the course of a week. I love looking at that stuff! 😀 Oh, and this trip would be with Taylor Swift, because I think she would be as giddy and excited as me about it and we could giggle and squeal like schoolgirls about it all.
*This entire list is null and void if there is world peace. I will take that one singular thing over any of the abovementioned completely selfish and indulgent things any day.
To Ridiculously Wonderful Dreams of Your Own (and/or peace),